The Trails Network
- This is a wonderful opportunity to nationally unify the fragmented trails in each Australian State.
- It is not intended to displace or interfere with the sovereignty that any trail organisation has currently.
- A unified trails network optimizes opportunity & defines nationally & internationally a huge tourist facility.
This is about unity for a common good …. & everyone benefits.
- Governments, State & Federal.
- Rural Tourism.
- Trail clubs & organisations.
- The equestrian industry as a whole.
- The Australian community in general.
- Trail users of the World.
What is a Trails Network ?
- Each Rural Shire along the Horse Highway will be invited to design their own Trails network, blending in existing trails.
- It will give local & overseas trekkers access to rural villages & many places of scenic interest.
- Trails will loop back to the Horse Highway so trekkers can move to the next Shire network.
- The national network will produce about 14,000 kilometers of scenic trails – the greatest, most diversified network of Trails in the World.
Where do we start ?
- We start at both ends simultaneously – Broome in Western Australia ….
and Cairns in Queensland.
- This will add interest to the development of the project – locally & internationally.
- It will also halve construction time, as we head for an exciting, “grand closure” in the middle ….. somewhere !
How do we do it ?
- A Horse Highway & Trails, State Government Steering Committees will define the parameters for the trails network design.
- The project Director & project Coordinator will tour each of the Shires, State by State.
- Public meetings will be held & local trail design teams selected on ability & local knowledge.
- On completing a State Trails network design, proposed Trails will be checked and “the Plan” presented to State Government for approval.
- It is only on Approval that we start building.
- Each State will be completed before starting the next State or Stage of the project.
Why build the Trails State by State?
- As we build each State network we will be advertising to overseas trail users … the World’s largest horse trails network.
- When each State network is completed so too will be the infrastructure to manage the use of the Trails.
- Each State will be operational …… before we start the next State or Stage of the National Trails Network.
What does it mean to tourists ?
- a chance to see our unique country life.
- meet the legendary hospitality of our rural folk.
- eat dinkidi Aussie food.
- meet with our jackaroos & jillaroos (wranglers).
- see our sheep & cattle stations (ranches).
- share our love of horses – we breed some of the best in the world – selling Quarter Horses to the USA – Arabian Horses to the Middle East.
- see wildlife & flora unique to the land of Oz.
- go fossicking in our rich gem fields.
- meander through some of the world’s best wine growing areas.
- camp out in beautiful wilderness.
- enjoy the peace & tranquility – only broken by the pleasurable sounds of nature.
- there is no place on Earth like Australia.
- it is an experience that lasts you a lifetime.
- and your return is always welcome.
Enjoy the exercise!
Increase your fitness !
Improve your health !
Cycle, hike or ride a maze of spectacular trails along Australia’s Horse Highway.
Australia defies the imagination.
Because we have creative Australians of vision & innovation who produce grand projects like the Horse Highway & Trails.
The world takes notice of our ability.