The Longest Ride inc. supports rural tourism – with a focus on community benefit.
So who does benefit?
The Trails Network would access more than 100 rural communities – each with their own character & charm – creating many benefits.
- The HH & T project will give international advertising to a vast number of rural towns & villages scarcely known otherwise.
- We have the capacity to attract tourists in huge numbers – a previously untapped resource.
- This will feed local shops, private horse trails, the Bicentennial National Trail, local tourist attractions & horse holiday opportunities.
- saddlery, horse gear & horse pack manufacture.
- camping gear, packs, tents, eating gear, sleeping bags.
- bicycle hire & repair.
- horse-drawn vehicle manufacture & repair.
- black-smithing services.
- veterinary services & supplies.
- airline packages & bus transportation.
- manufacture & sale of “Horse Highway & Trails” merchandise.
- other tourism type merchandising, promoting rural towns, villages & businesses.
- Ranger Station facilities in each Shire.
- franchising of Cobb & Co, wagon train & horse-drawn vehicle touring services.
- all this adds to rural employment opportunities.
- local, national & international endurance ride competition.
- local & international trail riding club camps.
- corporate & organisational bonding camps.
- horse & rider training, bushcraft training & family bonding camps.
- guided pleasure trail rides, fossicking camps, sketching, painting & photography camps.
- ideal for TV & film production.
- This is Australia’s biggest mainland tourist facility. Skill, practical experience & innovation created it.
The number of benefits and uses developed for the Horse Highway & Trails network is only limited by our imagination.
Embrace this exciting project. It will be an endless talking point.